If you registered an account, please enter your details below to login. If this is your first time, proceed to the donation form.
Mail a Check
- Make your check out to Homeless Gear
- Mail to:
- Homeless Gear
- 1305 Duff Drive, Unit 5
- Fort Collins, CO 80524
Setup a Monthly Recurring Donation
- Enter the amount you wish to donate
- Enter your first name, last name and email address
- Click the “Donate Now” button
- You will be redirected to PayPal for secure online donations.
- Click the check box to the right of the amount that says “Make This a Monthly Donation.”
- Proceed with your donation. You can log into your PayPal account or donate without an account.
Homeless Gear collects and distributes supplies that people need to survive and meet their basic needs while they are homeless. We are not a clothing bank — our niche is outdoor gear, outerwear, hygiene supplies and non-perishable food. That narrow focus enables us to fulfill our core mission, leverage resources and allow other organizations (e.g. clothing banks) to do what they do best. The one exception to our no-clothing policy is children’s clothes; we distribute basic children’s clothing at our quarterly Children in Need service event.
We accept new and used (useable) supplies.
- Ear Plugs
- Insect Repellant
- First Aid Kits and Supplies
- Personal Hygiene Items:
- Disposable Razors
- Shaving Cream
- Combs/Brushes (new)
- Cleansing Wipes
- Bath Towels
- Duct Tape
- Small Sewing Kits
- Shoe Insoles
- Foot Powder
- Backpacks (framed backpacks)
- Daypacks (school-sized backpacks)
- Sleeping Bags
- Sleeping Pads
- Portable Shelters
- Tents (small 1-3 person)
- Tarps (small)
- Stuff Sacks/Duffel Bags
- Emergency “Space” Blankets
- Hand & Foot Warmers
- Water Bottles (Nalgene Type)
- Flashlights or Headlamps
- Battery Powered (Small) Alarm Clocks
- Camping/Backpacking “Mess” Kits
- Bike Locks
- Coats (No Dress Coats Please)
- Rain Coats or Rain Ponchos
- Hoodies (sweatshirts with hoods)
- Sweatshirts (no sweaters please)
- Winter Gloves
- Hiking Boots
- Tennis Shoes
- Winter Boots (Please, no snowboard or ski boots)
- New only please for summer socks, but “reasonably used” is OK on winter socks
- Warm sweatpants
- Men’s and Women’s (New Please)
- Thermals (Tops and Bottoms)
Non-perishable Food Items
- Granola Bars
- Oatmeal or other Instant Hot Cereal
- Juice Box, Gatorade, Capri Suns, Bottled Water
- Cereal Snack Boxes & Powdered Milk (Individual size)
- Fruit Roll Ups or Fruit Snacks
- Peanut Butter Crackers
- Peanut Butter
- Trail Mix
- Fruit Cups
- Pudding Cups
- Hot Chocolate Packets (just add water)
- Instant Soups
- Instant Mac and Cheese
Donate your Car, RV or Boat to “Donate for Charity, Inc.” Everything you need to know about the process can be found at Donate for Charity’s website. When you complete the “Charity Car Donation Form”, type “Homeless Gear” as the charity you’d like to support.
In addition to the list above, we collect supplies specifically for children and families. We distribute those supplies to children and families at our quarterly service events and to our agency partners that serve children and families across the state.
Homeless Gear has been designated as an Enterprise Zone project. All monetary contributions of $250 or more are eligible for a 25% State of Colorado Tax Credit. Please request this certificate from us if you plan on using this credit on your taxes. The certificate is only processed if you ask for it.
All Enterprise Zone donations must include a social security number or a Colorado Taxpayer Account Number in order to receive the Enterprise Zone credit. Please note, taxpayers can use their Colorado Account Number in place of their Social Security Number on EZ tax credit forms if preferred.
All Colorado taxpayers have a Colorado Account Number and can request it by visiting www.colorado.gov/revenueonline . Choose “Individual” of “Business” and then choose “Request Letter ID” and select “Sign Up.” Please include your social security or account number on your check when submitting your donation.
Still have questions?