How soundly would you sleep in the cold, without a tent, sleeping bag or coat? How would you keep track of your belongings if you had to carry them with you, all of the time, in a thin, black trash bag? Escaping homelessness is hard enough without these extra burdens. It is hard enough to land a job, find a home and take care of your family. But it is even harder—maybe even impossible—to do those things while you struggle to survive.
How do I get help?
We distribute products through:
- Gear Room at the Murphy Center for Hope (242 Conifer Street, Fort Collins). Ask the Front Desk staff for an order form
- Street Outreach on Sunday nights in the community (currently suspended due to COVID-19)
- Shipments to 50+ organizations that serve people who are homeless across Colorado
- Distribution Events throughout Northern Colorado
- Please contact Brennan Snyder, Distribution Coordinator, by email Brennan@HomewardAlliance.org or phone (970) 829-1151 for questions about the Distribution Program
How can I help?
- Donate product or launch a gear drive of your own
- Click here for the WINTER 2020-2021 Donation List
- For Children’s Clothing Donations we are much less restrictive than adult items. We can accept all types of children’s clothing, not just outerwear, as well as shoes/boots/sandals
- Donate money and designate your contribution to product purchases
- Volunteer at our storage units, helping us to sort and manage product
- Volunteer in any of our associated programs and events
- Contact our Community Programs Director (and volunteer point-of-contract), Serena Thomas, at Serena@HomewardAlliance.org for more information volunteering